Exciting news friends! Now you can take This Life in Trips with you on the go thanks to a partnership with GPSmyCity. What does this mean? Great content from this site (and many others) are converted into travel article apps that can be downloaded to your mobile device and used offline in the very cities that the post is about.
Why use GPSmyCity Travel Article Apps?
How many times have you read a great blog post with useful tips on choice hotels, what to see, and what to do in a new city only to totally blank on those suggestions once you get there? You stumble with finding reliable WiFi and fumble with your phone while digging around for that great article, only to have to pull up each individual addresses for each point of interest one by one. You waste time and effort on something that should be so very easy.
Sound familiar? If only there was a better way…
GPS Blogs, in Your Hand
Introducing GPSmyCity, a free Apple iOS and Android App* that take those headaches out of the equation. This App works offline, which mean no cellular data or WiFi is necessary once the App and article is downloaded. To take things even further, you can choose to upgrade each GPSmyCity travel article App to get offline maps. This gives you pain-free directions and routes to each landmark and site identified in the article, without the need for WiFi or a roaming data plan.
Be Your Own Tour Guide
GPSmyCity offers thousands of articles and DIY walking tours in hundreds of cities around the world. This powerful tool arms you with the ability to get an insider’s take on a new destination. Better yet, it lets you experience it at your own pace. With the in-App purchases, you can unlock walking directions and tour route maps for each post. For a few dollars it is a pretty great deal considering the time and frustration you save going it alone.
This Life in Trips to Go!
Starting today, the following This Life in Trips articles are available for download on GPSMyCity as self-guided GPS travel article Apps:
- A Colourful Day Trip to Chichicastenango, Guatemala
- Fun with Coffee and Cocktails in Singapore
- How to Explorer Cape Town on the Cheap
- A Day in Rio
- Visiting Bellingham – The Portland of the North
- My Heineken Experience
- 2 Days in Santa Barbara
- Stepping Back in Time with a Visit to The Neon Boneyard
- Where Baseball Bats Are Born – Visiting the Louisville Slugger Museum
- 5 Unique Bars in Key West That Don’t Suck
- A Super Cool Beer Tour in Cape Town
- Visiting Robben Island – More Than Cape Town’s Alcatraz
- Day Trip to Pilsen – Europe’s Capital of Culture
- Visiting the Instant Ramen Museum – Birthplace of Cup Noodle
- Chinatown Food Adventures in Singapore
- Canberra or Canboring? Let’s Find Out
- 5 Things You Didn’t Do in San Francisco (but Should)
- What Makes Wellington the Capital of Cool?
- Wellington Eats – Zest Food Tour Review
- Experiencing the Titanic Belfast Museum
- Big Boats, Beer, & the BBC – A Day Touring Belfast
- Why Guinness Storehouse is Europe’s Top Tourist Attraction
- Trying to Understand the Sarajevo Siege
- That Time I Stumbled on a Surprisingly Cool Stavanger
- A Walk through Tallinn’s Old Town – One of Europe’s Best
- How to Kill 3 Lazy Days in Granada
- Making Sense of Dubai Mall Culture
- Visiting Passau – Germany’s Postcard Peninsula
- 72 Hours in Beijing Visa Free
- 72 Hours in Singapore – What to See, Eat, and Drink
- How to Spend 24 Hours in Warsaw
- 48 Hours in Riga – Latvia’s Cool Capital
- 48 Hours in Luxembourg…Too Much or Too Little?
Take me with you
There you go. Download the GPSmyCity App now and take This Life in Trips with you on your next adventure. Give it a test run while they are free. Be warned, there is a good chance you will never travel the same again!