Want to visit the Great Pyramids? Find out what’s required to visit and how to get an electronic visa for entering Egypt.
Egypt is a desert land located in the southeast corner of Africa by the Mediterranean Sea. Herodot, an ancient Greek historian, called Egypt ‘the gift of the Nile’. On the shore of this river, one of the oldest and greatest world civilizations was born. Today, we can explore and admire what Egyptians left to us throughout these thousands of years.
Nowadays, this country is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. The fascinating land of pharaohs, mythical Sphinx, vast desert and ubiquitous pyramids – all of these undoubtedly attract adventurer seekers willing to explore and discover the secrets of humankind.
Moreover, others visit Egypt because of the gorgeous beaches, sunny weather and magnificent coral reefs. One thing is for certain, this old civilization hides numerous mysteries that many of us desire to discover in person.
Unfortunately, Egypt requires many foreign visitors to have a visa. To make your life a bit easier, consider submitting your visa application online to avoid the time-consuming Embassy processes. Apply an eVisa for Egypt at least 7 days before the planned trip to get your entry permit on time!
In This Post...
Following are a few interesting facts about Egypt
- The River Nile is the longest world river, which is around 6,695 km in length approximately, and it flows into the Mediterranean Sea.
- If you love exploring creatures underwater, this one is for you! The Red Sea is the best place to dive in Egypt, with various sites for an unforgettable experience. You’ll never want to return to the surface, thanks to the vibrant corals and colorful fish. It’s a heaven for divers!
- About 90% of Egypt’s land is covered in desert, making it an ideal location for desert adventurers. Safari travel is the only way to see the white and black land, also known as the oasis.
- Cairo is home to some of the world’s most beautiful Islamic architecture and sculpture, called national treasures. They are mainly found in mosques that have remained standing for over 1200 years. These mosques are the ideal blend of architecture, sculpture, and history for architecture, art, and history-lovers.
Do I need an e-Visa for Egypt?
Majority of travelers visiting Egypt do need a visa to enter the country. Thanks to the electronic equivalent of a regular visa, you don’t longer need to arrange an appointment at an embassy. E-visa functions as an online entry and travel permit issued by the Egyptian government. You can choose from two types of e-Visa:
– Single Entry Permit: its holder is allowed a 30-day stay throughout the e-visa validity period of 3 months (90 days). During these period of time, you can enter Egypt one time for both tourism and business purposes.
– Multiple Entry Permit: its holder is allowed a six-month stay that begins on the date of issuance and ends 30 days later. In that time frame, you can enter Egypt at any time and stay for up to 30 days. Throughout the six-month validity period, you can exit and enter the country as many times as you want.
Note: You just need to make sure of one very important thing: your passport should be valid for at least 6 months before your planned arrival in Egypt!
Egypt e-Visa Characteristics and How to Apply
There is a list of eligible countries that can apply for e-Visa. You can check the country list before starting the process. To submit your online application form, please follow 3 simple steps:
- Fill out the application form: provide basic information like your name, birth date, and some passport information, as well as some personal information. Be sure there are no mistakes before going to the next step.
- Check your Egypt e-Visa fees: (which range from 69 to 99 Euro depending on the type of entry permit you choose) and check if you’ve received a confirmation number.
- Check your mailbox: A PDF version of the authorized electronic visa will be emailed there. The average processing time is around 71 hours only.
Note: You must apply for the Egyptian e-Visa at least 7 days before the arrival date!
Before going to Egypt, make sure you:
- Hold a passport that will not expire until at least 6 months after your arrival date, as well as a printout copy of your Egypt e-Visa (can be black-and-white)
- Hold a physical copy of a letter of invitation from the organization or relative you are visiting. (applies to the visitors entering the country for business or family visits).
Apply online for your e-Visa to Egypt from whatever the place you are! Grab your smartphone, tablet or laptop and fill the online application form. You don’t need more than 15 minutes to do it.
Don’t miss the chance to visit this wonderful country and explore the mysteries of the oldest civilization in the world. Egypt is now within your reach!