Thinking about buying property in the UAE? Read on for tips on how to Look at Real Estate in Person in Dubai along with the best time to go.
Before buying real estate in Dubai or anywhere else in the world, it is important to see it with your own eyes. No doubt, modern technologies can give you a detailed picture of every property. Still, estimating the quality of a home and feeling the atmosphere inside is possible only after entering the building. Property in Dubai sea view is worth visiting the emirate. However, when is it cheaper to come to the metropolis? And what else can you do in the emirate? Let`s find it out.
The cheapest time to come to the UAE
If you come to the emirate purely to investigate the quality of a property, it is advisable to go not in the holiday season, the best month may be December or late May. This period does not attract so many visitors, so you will be able to avoid crowds on the street and additional noise.
Ways of saving money in Dubai
Each trip to Dubai, both personal and business, cannot be called cheap or economical. The emirate provides extreme comfort and absolute security that require certain investments. However, if you want to save money on the visit to Dubai and invest more in the property object, you may use the following tips.
Tips on spending less money in Dubai
- Renting a car and cabs in Dubai is expensive. However, the public transport system is developed and you can easily get wherever you need to by subway or bus. Transport is comfortable, equipped with air conditioning and moves exactly according to the route schedule. For even greater savings, you need to buy a travel card.
- Each visitor of the city has the opportunity to attend a free guided tour. You can go on a walking tour for 2 hours with a guide, who leads the program in English. Every day there are also free trips to the most famous sights, in which the attendant tells the history of the state. You can also visit the Jumeirah Mosque, which is allowed for non-believers (all days except Fridays), and the reserve of pink flamingos.
- For your own pleasure, you should visit the fountains at the Burj Khalifa skyscraper. Every day at 18:00 the show is arranged, one performance lasts 15 minutes, then a break for the same time – and the audience watches the next program, there are no replays. The Fountain show beside Burj Khalifa is recognized as one of the most beautiful in the world, and you can see it for free.
- You can save money by using the travel card Dubai Card. It provides discounts on tours of the most popular tourist sites and free travel on public transport.
Main useful rules to follow in Dubai
To avoid large expenses, you need to remember three important rules:
- Do not use a cab that does not have a meter, or agree in advance on the price of the trip with the driver. Otherwise, the price you get can be quite surprising and upsetting.
- You should throw out garbage only in garbage cans. Even accidentally dropped paper can be a reason to impose a fine of $200 (approximately).
- It is better not to communicate with local women or be restrained in gestures and looks – this rule applies to male tourists. Violating it can lead to a fine of $2000 – $18000 or you can be arrested.
Discounts on accommodation
If you are looking for accommodation on your own, you can stumble upon a variety of discounts, which can sometimes exceed 15% of the amount of accommodation.
We are talking about promotions from the hotels or apartments themselves, and secondly – about discounts aggregator platforms, which place their offers. Sometimes it is possible to find outstanding homes for extremely low prices.
In Dubai, there are dozens of restaurants designed for tourists and for native Dubai residents with a high level of income. Prices in such establishments, of course, are off the charts. But that doesn’t mean there is nowhere to eat on a budget in Dubai. There are many cafes and eateries in the city, designed for ordinary workers – usually, Asian immigrants, of which there are more Arabs in Dubai than Arabs themselves. If you go further away from the developed tourist areas, you are likely to come across Indian or Pakistani eateries serving the respective national dishes.
In Dubai, especially during Trade Fair month, many people go shopping. As of 2018, there is a 5% tax on them, which can add up to a serious amount in the case of expensive items. Fortunately, the UAE has launched a Tax-Free program that allows tourists who plan to take home their purchases to get rid of this tax.
Tax-Free is valid for goods costing more than 250 dirhams, and with its help, you can get back 85% of VAT, but not more than 10 thousand dirhams per day. To get a tax refund, you need to make a purchase in a store which supports this service and ask for a Tax-Free form upon payment. A special electronic form will be filled out for the goods (you’ll need your passport for that), and the relevant tag will be attached to the receipt. It is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.
Before you leave for home at the Dubai airport, find the terminal with the Tax-Free sign and show your passport, cheque and tag. You may also need to show the item itself and prove that you are actually taking it across the border in one piece.
As you can see, a vacation to Dubai for the business purpose of examining the housing unit may transform into a whole adventure. Choose the desired apartment or a villa on the website Emirates.Estate and book tickets to one of the most impressive places on the planet.
What say you?
Thoughts on The Best Time To Go to Dubai to Look at Real Estate?
Let’s hear it!