We all like the idea of travelling to new and exciting destinations around the world. Not only is travelling a great deal of fun, but it can also be great for our mental health. Travelling allows us to leave our normal lives behind and spend time focusing on relaxing and enjoying ourselves in a place where no one knows who we are. It also allows us to meet new and exciting people and immerse ourselves in local cultures and history.
Visiting a new place or going back to your favourite destination is exciting. But, planning your trip is sometimes trickier than it sounds. There are lots of things to consider before setting off on your journey, including where you’re travelling to, how you’re travelling, how much money you need to take, and what you should pack.
Not only do we want to travel in style, but we also want to make sure that our journey is as comfortable as possible. So, to help you make the most out of your experience, here are some of our top tips to help you travel more comfortably:
Pack the Travel Essentials
Before setting off on your travels, you’ll probably pack and unpack your vehicle a number of times. But there are some important things that you should include on any long journey. These include:
- Comfortable clothes for the journey – there’s nothing worse than spending all day travelling in tight, uncomfortable clothing. Choose some loose fitted garments for the journey
- Clothing suitable for your location – e.g. if you’re thinking of going for long walks when you reach your location, then there’s no point in only packing sandals or high-heeled shoes. Remember, it’s always a good idea to take spare clothes in case of an accident
- Sun protection – sun cream, sun hats, etc.
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Car safety essentials – jump leads, spare wheel, tire pump, a map, etc.
- Food and drink
- Entertainment – this can be anything you enjoy e.g. a pack of cards, your favourite music, a tablet or mobile device. The more fun you have on the journey, most comfortable and relaxing it will be
If you’re lucky enough to own a campervan or caravan, then these are some of the other essential items you’ll need to pack:
- Cutlery, plates, bowls, cups, etc.
- Tin and bottle opener
- Clingfilm and tin foil
- A kettle
- Tea towels
- Washing up liquid
- A comfortable mattress – purchasing a memory foam mattress is a brilliant way to make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable. Memory foam mattresses conform to your body’s unique shape, making it one of the most comfortable mattresses on the market. Why not find out some more information about the best mattresses with memory foam?
Choose When to Travel
When planning your journey, it’s a good idea to plan your trip around the rush hour traffic. During rush hour, the roads are busy with people rushing to work or taking their children to school. Trying to plan your journey around these busy periods will make your journey much more relaxing and enjoyable.
If you’re planning on driving on the motorway, then another great tip is to choose a day when there are fewer vehicles on the roads. For example, on a Sunday, there are fewer lorries (that travel at a reduced speed) on the road. Choosing to travel on a Sunday could save you time and make your journey less stressful.
Staying connected while travelling is extremely important. Not only can staying connected allow you to learn about nearby road closures, but it can also allow you to check things like the weather forecast and stay in touch with your family and friends.
No matter where you’re travelling to or from, staying comfortable is extremely important. No-one wants to be stuck in traffic for hours on end with nothing to do. By following some of our top tips above and making sure you’ve packed all of the essentials you need, you’ll be well on your way to having a more comfortable experience.