I love fresh pico de gallo. Whenever I visit Mexico I eat it by the bucket. No joke. I have been making it at home for a few years and have recently sped things up by using a small Kitchen Aid food processor. Although the chunky style is my preference, the time it takes to chop all the ingredients by hand is not worth the effort now that I have found a way for a quick 2 for 1 salsa and guacamole recipe. Efficient!
Before you Start:
Prep time: 5 min
Serves: A lot. Makes 3 cups salsa and ~2 cups guac.
To make things easier:
– Small food processor. You can cut by hand like a sucker if you don’t have one.
Spices and other 1 teaspoon garlic powder Course Salt to taste Veggies 1/2 Cilantro bunch 1 small-medium onion (white preferably) 3-4 medium sized Roma tomatoes 2 Jalapenos (seeds removed) 2 Ripe Avocados 1 Lime
1. Peel your onion and set aside 1/4 for guac. No tears, you are a big boy. Deseed your jalapenos and tomatoes.
2. In small food processor combine 3/4 onion, 1 jalapeno, tomatoes, and garlic powder. Chop chop.
3. Squeeze juice from lime and salt to taste.
4. Set aside salsa in a separate dish. Reserve a couple tablespoons in the food processor for guac. This is Key!
5. Add remaining onion, jalapeno, and avocados to mixer. Smashie Smashie. Salt to taste.