101) Ice Climb Jasper’s Maligne Canyon
102) Visit Something Giant
Oversized nickel, cowboy boots, apple, or sausage? We got em, and they are ginormous.
103) Watch the Salmon Run
Can’t catch them in the wild? Head to North Vancouver’s Capilano River Hatchery for front row seats!
104) Say Eh?
There is no shame in it, eh? Be proud of this.
105) Visit Parliament Hill
106) Pee in the Snow
… because we have all done it.
107) Experience the Goldrush
There is no better place than the Yukon to experience what life was like for those that risked it all to get rich!
108) Go to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
…Because Moose Jaw.
109) Enjoy a Shore Lunch
110) Visit the Living Prairie Museum
Tall grass nature preserve in Winnipeg proving life is not all flat on the prairies.
111) Go White Water Rafting
112) Enjoy Afternoon Tea in Victoria
When in Victoria, do Victorian things.
113) Ride in a Bombardier Snow Machine
114) Mix Beer and Clamato
I’m not sure what it’s called but it’s 100% Canadian
115) Cruise the Thousand Islands
Bet you can’t count them all.
116) Catch an Arctic Grayling
117) Swim in the Ocean, Play a round of Golf, and Ski…all in the Same Day
When in Vancouver.
118) Get Tossed on a Blanket
Traditionally made out of hides, the blanket toss is uniquely Northern fun.
119) Say hi to a Buffalo
120) Meet Bonhomme
World’s most loved or creepiest snowman? You decide.
121) Go Snowshoeing
122) Learn about Canada’s Small Towns with Still Standing
Comedian Johnny Harris is a small town Newfoundland man dedicated in finding the funny in Canadian communities that have hit hard times.
123) Stay at an East Coast bed-and-breakfast
124) Catch a Blue Jays Game
125) Star Gaze
Seriously, are stars are brighter up here.
126) Enjoy a Coffee Crisp
How do you like your coffee?
127) Go for a Hike
The great outdoors are pretty great up here.
128) Drink a Slurpee
Winnipeggers are Slurpee mad. They consume more of the frozen slush drink per month than the rest of the country combined!
129) Use a Canadian cooler
130) Try your Hand (or foot) at Northern or Dene Games
A true test of skill should be measured by high kicking a target off one foot or pulling another persons fingers off, no?
131) Cross a Suspension Bridge
132) Go Fly Fishing
133) Go Dog Sledding
134) Explore Québec City
As close to Europe as you will get in North America.
135) Put the Top Down…because it’s 2°C
Summer is short. Live it up.
136) See Polar Bears Chill in Churchill
137) Visit a Cottage
…if you know a Canadian, chances are they have (or knows someone who has) a cottage.
138) Embroider a Beaver Wearing Plaid…While Drinking a Beer on a Plane.
139) Golf at the World’s Most Northerly Golf Course
140) Watch a Lacrosse Game
Despite what you may think, it is Canada’s national sport.
141) Check out Folk on the Rocks
One of Northern Canada’s best musical festivals…or so says someone who has played it…
142) Eat Salmon Candy
143) Visit Kingston, Ontario
Canada’s original capital city and home of our first Prime Minister, Sir John A. McDonald.
144) Wear a Touque
What do you call it?
145) Read Anne of Green Gables
A Canadian classic!
146) Enjoy Nature on a Quad
…then drive over it.
147) Eat a Montréal Style Bagel
Soft and chewy, like a bagel should be.
148) Eat Timbits
…not your average donut hole.
149) Go Surfing in Tofino
150) See it all!
Coast to coast on VIA Rail, what better way to see it all?
What say you?
Thoughts on these ways to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday?
Let’s hear it!
Like me? Pin me!